Thursday, September 22, 2011

Here's a few photos of the apartment.  Just settling in a bit.  Jet lag has gotten me.  Such a creature of habit am I that this old body just doesn't understand the change.  It is just the 3rd day.  I am still an illegal immigrant.  The Danish bureaucracy got my visa application mixed up so I am waiting to hear.  At least I have a case number and "someone will be looking into it".   I biked around the city yesterday.  I am remembering how challenging it can be to bike in traffic, bike traffic that is.  Signaling, passing slower bikes, watching for pedestrians getting off of the bus into bike lanes, etc.  Lots and lots of bikes and mine is terrific.  (Thanks Eric for putting together a good bike for me).   My rusty Danish is coming back though the real test will be tomorrow night when we visit our old neighbors who never speak English with us.  They understand it but are very shy about using it, much more shy than I am with my Danish.  Off to bike a bit to shake off the fatigue and take advantage of the sunshine which may be in short supply here soon.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Anne,
    Thanks for the blog updates. Great idea. Patrick and I just returned from Madrid. We went to my friend's wedding in northern Spain and then spent a few days in Toledo and the art museums if Madrid. We had lots of wonderful "grown-up" time but I'm very happy to be back in Minnesota autumn curled up with my baby, waiting for naptime sleep to descend. Your apartment looks beautiful and rye bread sounds lovely. Hope you're wearing a helmet!
    Love
    Ace

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog idea is wonderful. Yay -- now we can all keep up with your life in Denmark. The apartment looks great -- cozy and full of light and love -- a perfect place for Anne and Nhat. Hope you are legal soon. Missing you already!

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, don't feel guilty at all about the polls that indicate general agreement w/ Minnesota's Michelle Bachman that vaccinations are the work of satan, and that the US is discontinuing all vaccinations. No worries there.
    Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! Forfejl dig allerede!
    Kate (& Jeremy & Lucy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi guys! such a cozy apt...missing you but today has turned to fall with a vengeance...time for the pubs and the candlelight...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I've seen those green screen shots before. You're really still down out at your house hiding from us, waiting until we go to bed so you can slip into the hot tub and blame it on the raccoons! Miss you.
    Oh jez! What does "Select a Profile" mean? Now I have to wait for Patti to wake up to tell me what to do.

    Tator

    ReplyDelete